Monday, August 31, 2015

TLC Readalong Recap: Month 1 (Cinder Review Repost + updates)

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I am taking part in the Lunar Chronicles Readalong. August was the month for reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer, the first book in the trilogy.
 
 
I had heard of this series many times on booktube but just wasn't interested in it. I'm not really a big fan of fairy tale re-tellings. But, I decided to give it a go when I heard about the readalong. When I started reading this book, I had planned to read only a couple of chapters per week so that I could drag it out over the whole month of August (which is the month allotted for this book). That way, if I didn't like it I could occupy myself with reading other books. I picked up the book and ended up finishing the whole thing in a little over 4 hours (it would have taken me less time but helping parents and going out to eat dinner got in the way of my reading). I am so sad that I didn't pick up this book before. It was a new and refreshing take on Cinderella! I loved that Cinder was tough and out of the ordinary. The only part of the book that I didn't love was that it was set in China. I didn't think the Chinese elements were worked into the story enough and would have been better off being left out altogether. But I loved this book so much, I don't think I can wait to read the other 3 books in the series! I gave this book a well deserved 5 out of 5 stars. If you've never read this series, or if you love the series, you should join in!
 
I had kind of planned to finish off the rest of the series in the same month, but decided to hold off until the designated months so that I can drag out my enjoyment for the rest of the year. The first book was really amazing and I hope that, if you haven't read before, you'll join in on this readalong so you can experience it too!
 
=========================================================================
 
Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment